Understanding your Community with Smartboard
Knowing your audience is key to growing your community and ensuring the right attendees at your events. Smartboard's Marketing tools are designed for this. Here's how to utilize them:
Step 1: Accessing your Contacts
- Log in to Smartboard and navigate to
Contacts, view, search, and filter your contacts using attributes related to Contact details, Purchases, Marketing, or History.
Step 2: Managing Contacts
- Export your contacts to a CSV file or import contacts using the provided CSV template.
Step 3: Segmenting your Community
- Create dynamic segments using attribute filters or manual segments by uploading a CSV file.
- Create a manual segment by uploading a CSV file. The segment will be fixed unless you add manually contacts in this group
- Dynamic segments update automatically, while manual segments require manual updates.
- Example : Create a segment for people under 25 yo
- The segment will be updated when you have new contacts matching your filter or when a contact no longer matches the group (ex. turning 26 yo)
Step 4: Diving into Analytics
- Go to
Analyticsfor an overview and insights into Socio-demographic data, Purchase behavior, and Musical tastes of your community.
Now, with a better grasp of your community, you're set to tailor your events more effectively!
For a deeper understanding, check out our video tutorial.