Shotgun offers an exclusive advantage: thanks to our mobile app, you can reach more customers effortlessly via automated notifications campaigns.
"Push" notifications are displayed on the users' device lock screen, if they accepted app notifications on their settings, just like any other app.
"In-app" notifications are displayed in the in-app feed of every user, whether or not they enabled app notifications.
Shotgun sends automatic notifications at two critical moments of your event lifecycle:
1 - Event published notification
🎯 To whom?
- All users following artists of your event's lineup (automatically synced to user's favorite artists via Soundcloud & Spotify)
- All users following your organizer's page with enabled notifications (see screeenshot)
💡 The more you share this page, the more you ensure that you have a community of engaged people who subscribe and receive notifications for your events.
When you publish your event in public (or when you make it public if you first published it in private).
💬 Which content?
2 - Tickets launched notification
🎯 To whom?
If you have completed a “pre-sale” phase (during which your event was published but without a ticket on sale) Shotgun users can request to be notified when tickets are available.
At ticket launch, when tickets are available
💬 Which content?
Note: an email is also sent to all users
3 - Monitore notification impact
For each notification campaign sent, you can follow 4 metrics, via the “Campaigns” screen (from the global Marketing tab, or a specific event)
- Delivered: Number of customers who received the notification (in their in-app feed, or via push). You can check the split between recipients: those who received it because they follow an artist of the lineup and those who received it because they follow your organizer's page
- Viewed: Number of customers who actually saw the notification: push displayed on phone screen, or they checked their in-app feed
- Generated Traffic: Number of customers who checked the event page, following a notification viewed
- Generated Sales: Total amount of sales from customers following a notification viewed
💡 Click the campaign to get more details
- The volume of delivered notifications for my events is low, what should i do?
→ First, share you organizer's page to your community (social networks, newsletters...): the more people followers you get, the bigger reach your notifications will have!
→ Then, make sure you have filled out the line-up of your event to reach the fans of these artists.
- I don't see any notification on my event, is it normal?
→ To avoid spam, we limit the number of notifications sent to 1 every 24 hours for every organizer. If you publish an event less than 24 hours after your previous event, notifications won't be sent. If you need to publish several events in a 24 hours time window, start with the one you wish to promote the most.
- The "Delivered" number doesn't match the number of my followers, is it normal?
→ First, Shotgun users might be following artists of your lineup while not following your organizer's page, they will be added to the pool. Then, some users may have uninstalled the application since, which prevents sending notifications. As for emails, we only display notifications actually delivered.
- What happens for co-hosted events?
→ If an event is co-hosted, publication notification will be sent to your followers, and also to your cohost's followers!
Can i schedule notification sendout at a specific timing?
→ No, to avoid omissions and to make it as easy to use as possible, notifications are being sent automatically at event publication (and ticket launch if users added a reminder during pre-sale)
Can i customize the notification content?
→ No, the content is automatically generated depending if the recipient follows your organizer's page or artists from the lineup.